In 1999, EDA was designated CGAP’s training partner in microfinance for South Asia. Since then we have conducted a series of training programmes for MFIs (board members, management, field staff), regulators and bankers in South Asia – India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan; also in SE Asia–Myanmar, Cambodia, Indonesia, Timor Leste; and Africa -Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda.
We offer customised training courses for regions and institutions. And recommend longer term capacity building for risk management and social performance management.
Training modules include:
- Basics of microfinance
- Microfinance operating methodology
- Business and strategic planning
- Accounting and financial analysis
- Leadership skills
- Governance – for board members and senior management
- Risk management (see more below under capacity building)
- Delinquency management
- Interest rate setting
- Internal audit
- Human Resource Management
- Social Performance Management (see more below under capacity building)
- Client Protection
- Client outcomes management (see more below under capacity building)
“We would like to thank the EDA/M-CRIL team and all the trainers for delivering all modules successfully in a very professional way. We get a lot of new learning from all the modules as well as from the trainers. It is very helpful for our staff to move to the next step”.
Si Si Htun, Senior Human Resources Specialist – Micro Finance Program, World Vision International – Myanmar