We work directly with micro/small entrepreneurs in rural and urban areas and with Farmers and Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs) in rural areas. The approach involves placing a team in the locality to engage regularly with entrepreneurs over a period of 24 months, and with FPOs, including mobilisation of farmers for FPO formation, for a minimum of 3-4 years, if it involves the
Key elements of this technical support include:
- Assistance in identifying business problems and business opportunities
- Business development services (BDS) & handholding support customised to the needs of individual entrepreneurs
- Linkages with banks or Micro Finance Institutions
- Developing market linkages both for inputs (raw material, equipment) and outputs (products/services)
- Institutionalisation of farmers andFPO registration,
- Training on scientific cultivation practices,
- Capacity building of Board of Directorsof FPOs
- Development of FPO systems.
Our teams have worked with and supported more than 40,000 farmers from rural areas and 3,500 urban small/micro-entrepreneurs in different states of India. We currently are promoting and supporting 19 FPOs (for vegetables, pulses and millets, spices and horticulture produce) in eastern Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Sikkim.
Read more on our approach to value chain implementation, see reports below