Now Hiring: Practice Lead, Digital Financial Inclusion (DFI)
M-CRIL is seeking a consultant with experience and knowledge in digital financial services and/or fintech to serve as practice lead for the design and development of its advisory practice in digital financial services and fintech for inclusion. The consultant will collaborate closely with leading funders and impact investors in the industry, as well as fintech businesses to identify requirements and undertake solution mapping. As such, the practice lead will be responsible for
- Develop M-CRIL’s DFI practice, including defining the vision and goals for the practice across projects and products and in line with M-CRIL’s strategy
- Lead and coordinate development and execution work across DFS and fintech projects with the goal of informing M-CRIL’s product business model, and project operations
- Lead M-CRIL’s engagement with funders, investors, fintech businesses and other ecosystem actors to develop an industry standard view on fintech segments and key metrics for understanding their businesses, including their inclusiveness.
- Build out and lead a plan for M-CRIL’s DFS based assessment and impact evaluation services in line with market demand
- Analyze and synthesize trends in digital finance and their implications for country specific policies and market assessment studies.
To accomplish the above responsibilities, the practice lead will be expected to
- Serve as M-CRIL’s central focal point for digital financial services and fintech projects to ensure coordination across projects and resources
- Represent M-CRIL externally at industry events and meetings
- Coordinate the work of M-CRIL’s project consultants in digital financial service and fintech projects.
- Develop program goals and develop or coordinate development of project work plans.
- Ensure documentation of project findings.
- Develop written analysis and reports for presentation to M-CRIL’s client partners.
To apply: Please send your resume along with a cover note (one page only) expressing your suitability for the position to email@example.com clearly mentioning the job title in the subject line.
Other opportunities with M-CRIL
With our range of consultancy assignments, M-CRIL staff have diverse backgrounds: in rural management, economics, finance, research and development studies. Staff are encouraged to work professionally, to show initiative and be active members of their team.
We welcome enquires from you if:
- You have a commitment to development and social values
- You are open to learning and developing your skills in a professional setting
- You are willing and able to travel, especially to rural and slum areas.
Ideally, you may have
- A post graduate degree in a relevant discipline (such as but not limited to rural management, economics, development studies, gender studies) from a good institution;
- Some relevant field and work experience
- Skills in managing and presenting data
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly – in English
- Other languages – from different regions of india
If you are interested in interning, or joining our team, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share you CV, with a covering letter that includes: why you are interested in M-CRIL, and which area of work you think you are suited for.